Support for Parents - Coronavirus
Please see the attached documents for support you may find useful.
Mental Health Helpline - 0300 303 3972
Local NHS Trust, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP), has launched a new mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire West, Cheshire East and Wirral.
Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it is open to people of all ages including children and young people who need urgent mental health support.
What to do if you need urgent mental health help:
- Please call 0300 303 3972 and our dedicated local NHS staff will support you to access the help you need;
- The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages – including children and young people;
- The helpline is now the first port of call for mental health help – it is operated by people in your local area who will know how best to support you. If you call NHS111 you may have to wait longer for help and will be re-directed to this local service – so call 0300 303 3972;
- Please note, A&E and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems – call 0300 303 3972 to be directed to the best local service to support you;
- You should still call 999 or go to A&E if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance;
- For non-urgent help and general wellbeing advice, the CWP website contains information and links to resources to support people with anxiety, low mood, and worries relating to the current Covid-19 pandemic www.cwp.nhs.uk
- For children and young people there is also a dedicated website MyMind.org.uk
Click here the access a link to the NSPCC - How to have difficult conversations with children
This page has been created to support parents during COVID-19 and the closure of schools. Each fortnight, we will be releasing new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities you can do with your child to support their
online safety at a time when they will spending more time online at home. Click here to access the website.
ThinkUKnow has also created short videos to support parents with online safety at home during COVID-19. Click here to access these videos.
The CEOP education team have also developed to following resources. Dealing with COVID-19: new articles for parents and carers on Parent Info