SEND at Peover Superior
At Peover Superior Primary School every effort is made to provide all children with a broad and balanced curriculum, including the National Curriculum. For children with Special Educational Needs this may well be accessed through School Focused Plans and differentiation of activities and tasks within class.
In supporting children with special educational needs, we aim to:
- Promote the early identification of children with special needs.
- Identify gifted / talented / able children.
- Help the child with special educational needs fulfil his or her potential.
- Promote an awareness of children with special needs.
- Foster good relations between staff, parents/carers, support services and other outside agencies.
At Peover Superior Primary School, we provide support for pupils across the 4 areas of need as laid out in the SEN Code of Practice 2014:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Sensory and/or physical needs
Children with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND) have learning difficulties or disabilities that prevent them from making the same progress as other children of the same age. They will require different support or help through additional support in class, a tailored curriculum, subject specific resources, specialist equipment or bespoke interventions.
Our SENCO Mrs Ellis-Stansfield works closely alongside pupils, parents, teachers and other professionals to ensure that all individual needs are met through tailored support and interventions in an inclusive environment. She also works alongside and seeks advice from external agencies such as the Cheshire East Autism Team (CEAT), Educational Psychology Service, Speech and Language Therpaists and the School Nurse.
The Local Offer is a document published by the Local Authority which sets out all the information about the actual provision across education, health and social care, they expect to be available for children and young people in the area, who have SEN or are disabled. The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it.
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children, those with SEN and their parents as well as disabled young people and service providers in its development and review.
Please click here to read our Local Offer or download the document below:
Peover Superior Primary School has a robust policy in place for the provision of SEND. This policy details our practice and values shared by every member of staff in our school. Please find the SEND Policy below: