Willow Class (EYFS) - Mrs Ellis-Stansfield
Welcome to EYFS!
My name is Mrs Ellis-Stansfield and I will be your child’s teacher for their first year at Peover Superior. I have two children of my own, and my hobbies are reading, baking and exploring the 'great outdoors'.
I have a real passion for the Early Years and I enjoy planning exciting learning opportunities so that our pupils get off to a flying start in EYFS. My other roles in school are Assistant Principal and Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO). I lead English, Phonics and Reading across school, and I am a Senior Leader in Education for PSHE across the Aspire Trust.
Miss Hodson is our classroom Teaching Assistant in EYFS. She is very nurturing, creative and loves outdoor learning! Miss Hodson supports pupils across EYFS and KS1 with their language and communication, phonics, reading and emotional development.
Spring term - Half term 2
Our topic for the first spring term will be 'Glorious Growth'
Below is an outline of what our learning will look like:
- P.E is on a Tuesday and Friday, children can come to school wearing their P.E kit on these days. Please ensure that all PE kit is clearly labelled.
- Children in Reception should have a book bag where they can keep their reading folder and any important letters.
- Reading books will be changed weekly on a Friday. Your child will have a fully decodable phonic book to read as well as a sharing book to read and enjoy with the family.
- Your child will have weekly 'Home Learning' sent home on a Friday. This may be flashcards linked to Phonics or the number of the week in Maths.
- Children need to have a named water bottle, which will stay in school all week.
- Reception children need a pair of wellies, a waterproof coat and lots of spare clothes for our many adventures outside.
We are looking forward to a great Spring term, exploring the new environment and having lots of fun!
Mrs Ellis-Stansfield :)