At Peover Superior we follow a Maths Curriculum that is broad based, balanced and differentiated according to the needs of the individual, group or class.
Our scheme of work is based on the New National Curriculum for Maths and is used in conjunction with a wide variety of additional resources from Nrich, White Rose and Beam. This forms the basis of our medium and long term plans. Please see the documents below for further details of our Maths curriculum.
- To develop enjoyment, enthusiasm, confidence and competence of Maths, which are essential to being numerate
- To enable children to acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding identified in the Curriculum through a broad and balanced programme of study
- To enable children to use and apply maths, to relate and use Maths in everyday situations in the real world
- To provide cross curricular links whenever appropriate
- To use ICT to enhance teaching and learning of Mathematics whenever appropriate
Here are some useful websites for children to practise their Maths skills at home:
Times Table Rockstars- each child in the school has a login for Times Table Rockstars so that they can get super speedy at recalling multiplication facts!
Mathletics - children from Reception to Year 6 have logins for Mathletics. It is a great website which contains activities for a range of units, as well as 'Live Mathletics'. 'Live Mathletics' enables children to quickly recall mathematical facts whilst competing against the computer, their peers or children across the world!