As a school we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010. The general duties are to:
- eliminate discrimination.
- advance equality of opportunity.
- foster good relations.
We understand the principal of the act and the work needed to ensure that those with protected characteristics are not discriminated against and are given equality of opportunity.
A protected characteristic under the act covers the groups listed below:
- Gender reassignment
- Maternity and pregnancy
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
- Marriage and civil partnership
In order to meet our general duties listed above, the law requires us to do some specific duties to demonstrate how we meet the general duties. These are to:
- publish equality information - to demonstrate compliance with the general duty across its functions. We will not publish any information that can specifically identify any child.
- prepare and publish equality objectives.
To do this we have used the monitoring information gathered by the school on admissions, attendance, attainment, exclusions and parental involvement to determine our focus for our equality objectives.