Dyslexia Friendly Strategies
We use a range of interventions to support children identified as dyslexic and with dyslexic tendancies. These range from:
- Use of coloured papers, overlays and reading rulers
- Dyslexia friendly typed fonts
- Large and adapted print resources
- Nessy Fingers (Touch Typing) to support with transcription (Y4 - Y6)
- Nessy Reading and Writing Interventions
- Games and resources to develop short-term memory
- Use of assistive technology to support reading and writing
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Control activities such as Write Dance and Motor Skills Unite
- Bespoke Spelling Interventions
This year we are marking Dyslexia Awareness Week which runs from Monday 2nd October - Sunday 8th October. For further details click here. The theme for 2017 is POSITIVE ABOUT DYSLEXIA.
As part of our Academy Development Plan for 2017-18 we are beginning to work towards achieving the British Dyslexia Quality Mark.