Welcome back after the Easter holiday!
Hello everyone! I hope you've had a lovely Easter and you're feeling refreshed for the new term ahead. It is going to be a really exciting term with lots to squeeze into five weeks!
We start our new topic 'Castles' which Miss Woodward and Mrs Sant are very excited about. We will be learning about the Anglo-Saxons, the Vikings and the Normans - where they came from, why they invaded Britain and what their homes were like.
Our new text is 'Beowulf' by Michael Morpurgo - a book which is very different from our last class text (The Explorer by Katherine Rundell). We will be using the text as a stimulus for writing descriptions, diary entries and short stories.
Some important dates for this half term are:
- Wednesday 1st May - Year 6's Height and Weight Check
- Wednesday 1st May - Year 5 and 6 Tennis Tournament (details to follow)
- W.C. Monday 13th May - KS2 SATs Week - YOU CAN DO IT!
- Thursday 16th May - Year 5 and 6 Cricket Tournament (details to follow)
- Thursday 23rd May - Fire Service Talk
Let's have a great half term everyone!
Bye for now! Now where did I put those Easter eggs...